The uniform of Holy Cross Catholic School has a long tradition. The school was founded by the Order of Preachers (Dominicans), locally based at Holy Cross Priory Church on New Walk, Leicester where it first started in 1824. The black, red and white of the school uniform are reminders of our connection with the Dominican Order.
Wearing school uniform is an important way for our children to demonstrate that they belong to Holy Cross School and that they are ready for learning.
- Red polo shirts with our school badge or red polo shirt
- Black sweatshirt with our school badge or black jumper/cardigan
- Black formal school trousers
- Black formal school skirt - knee length
- In the summer, a red checked summer dress with a black cardigan may be worn
- Black school shoes (no trainers please)
- PE – black shorts, white t-shirt and plimsolls in a named draw string bag
- Black fleece lined jacket with our school badge (optional)
The uniform can be purchased from John Cheatles. 32 Charles Street Leicester LE1 3FG. Telephone 0116 251 8082. Some items are available from a supermarket but must not have designer motifs.
Black cardigans/jumpers are available in all sizes at a variety of shops.
We ask that children do not wear jewellery to school. If earrings are worn they should be a simple stud. All earrings should be removed for P.E. by the child.